Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blog 6: It's My World...Ya'll Just Live In It


Man! My plan was to slowly publish my blogs but there has been soo much on my mind that I had to publish a few to get them off my mind! It seems that my mind won't clear until I put it out for ya'll to view no matter if you actually read it or not!!
I am still amazed by some of Ya'll! I mean what kind of person did you think I was? I never assumed you didn't have complexities to your personality! We all know what Assume does and I think most of you look like Asses in my eyes...ok enough of that! Thanks to those that knew there was more behind the man! I appreciate it! Stereotypes of a Black Man Misunderstood I tell ya!

Life is an interesting event! I mean we all have our ups and downs, good and bad, right or wrong...It's constant struggle. That's why today I chose to talk about Happiness, Or the Pursuit There of!!

Happiness is something that in my eyes cannot be defined because it is different for different people and it can change daily, hourly, and for some of ya'll, by the minute. For me true Happiness is misunderstood!(Like everything else in my life from what I've seen since i've started writing this Blog). A lot of folks think money is what trully makes me happy in life! What I say to those people....YA'LL don't know SHIT! Money is a material thing and can never bring me happines...the freedom that money gives me brings me happiness though! So for all you folks out there working from 6am to 10pm trying to save the world pay attention and ask yourself are you happy?

This topic came to me this weekend and today actually as I was talking to my mom who was not in a happy state of mind. Now for ya'll that don't know, My Mother is numero Uno in my world and Just like in Steve Harvey's book, I would do anything to make her feel happy. In this instance, Listening was the best remedy! Basically it made her happy! Now we have all experienced this emotion whether it came from another person that brought it to us or we brought it to ourselves when we wake up and look in the mirror. Are you happy? I know I am!

So what makes me happy? Many things and a lot of simple pleasures actually. Happiness ranges from the previous stated Freedom to choose what I want to do in my life to conversation with interesting folks. I actually crave conversation because not only is it how I get information for my blogs, but it allows me to understand the dynamics of different people. Sort of like a reading a different book multiple times every day! Oh the Joy! People are interesting to me because each of us are raised differently, even if we were raised in the same household! Just different! Music makes me happy as well. It's the spoken word of the soul! Music puts you in the Happiess moods or sooths you when you are sad! It makes me happy. I believe that I too am a bluesman, not sanitized, not deodorized but funky! I have my own style and voice that express my quest for truth, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Many of us thought we were happy only to have it all taken away or suffocated(new word basically meaning dead, done, over, get over it). The fact is just how art imitates life...We fall down, but we get up! I say until you find happiness in your self, no one person can bring it to you! Filter those people Wisely! Just like the Ozone layer to the earth is there to filter out the garbage in the world, You may want to surround yourself with Positive folks to keep the Garbage out of your world!

I'll leave ya'll with a verse in a song that still gives me chills when I hear it. Happy Feelins! So from deep in my SOUL I Bid Ya'll Happy Feelings in the Air, Touching People Everywhere, Plenty of Love and everything...Listen to the People Sing!!"!! If someone makes you happy, tell them because this world we live in isn't guaranteed...NOTHING IS!! And if you are not happy with yourself...Seek it. I think I've been moving at a pace with only ME on my mind...and I don't want my life to be just about me anymore!

As always Hype what I said if you like it, Hate on it if you love it...but In the end remember..."It's My World...Ya'll Just Live in it!

4 comments:

  1. Well, this is the second attempt at leaving a comment. I was saying that Happiiness is from the root word "happen" so happiness is based on what has happened, is happening or going to happen. I do agree that sometimes material things can't make you happy. They can give you a temporary fix, but we seem to be lacking something a bit deeper that is more sustainable. JOY! Joy is not based on what happens in life, it just is! I do agree with the great Mary J. Blige. She wrote a song about it and it goes like this...ALL I REALLY WANT IS TO BE HAPPY. FIND A LOVE THAT'S MINE, IT WOULD BE SO SWEET. Ultimately if I had to define what at this very moment could give me satisfaction of being "happy" it would be to be in a relationship with someone with who I could share great conversation, intimate moments and someone who shared my same love of God. That would make me happy right now, but in the long run I hope that it would bring me JOY!

    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm feelin your perspective...I live by the words "Life is not measured by the # of breaths you take but rather the moments that take your breath away." Sometimes we have to remind ourselves b/c the day 2 day can tend to bog us dwn and we get caught up in the things we don't have. I say to jmichelleprotho...a relationship is something that could bring happiness and at the moments where you may feel down b/c you don't have one at the time, reflect on the things you do have, be it great friends, family, health and let that joy resonate. (I'm not saying that you are not happy, but use you as an ex. for those who let the lack of a relationship affect thier happines) :-) "Pleasure is the absence of Pain" - have you ever been sick and after you recover you feel like you can run a marathon...LOL i reflect on that feeling of pleasure and try not to take obstacles too seriously, b/c in all reality we need the obstacles and the pain to remind us how truly blessed we are!

    Love the blog Stacy...keep 'em coming!

    ~elwynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that happiness (or as the first comment states, JOY) is a choice and that pleasure (temporary) comes from what happens to you, what others say or do, etc. How you react/feel in general is up to you and how you choose to see things. Once I realized that I can't change others and accepted them for who and what they are, decided I have the *choice* to keep them in my life/spend time with them, and although bad things can happen to me, I have the *choice* in wallowing in self-pity or figuring out how to make it better/live with it, I became a much happier person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I just realized that I (Nancy) had started a profile in order to open a blog... I'm going to start the transferring process from my myspace page this weekend... then I can be cool like you and hype my blog at social functions :-P

    ReplyDelete