Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blog 4: It's My World...Ya'll Just Live In It

HAAAAA...so I hope by now all of you have sobered up and made it back to your professional mental states after another Great Homecoming season! I know I had a blast and I'm sure I'll be back at it next year! So over the last few weeks of my writing I've gotten an astounding response to what I've been doing. I am trying to find a good blog website to transfer my thoughts on so if anyone knows of a good site let me know!

I have also gotten many folks tell me they had no Idea that I wrote or even had feelings!!(Bastards...but that's what friends are for right)!! Well to let folks know a little about myself, I used to write poetry as a kid and also used to recite poetry in Various competitions! Ahhhh, I remember myself as a 10 year old lad standing in front of a packed Auditorium reciting "The Road Not Taken," by Robert Frost! I chose that poem for it's Meaning! Who knew it would have so much meaning for my entire life from then forward...Hear...I'll share with you!


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

This Poem has shaped my life from the moment I read it and as I stood before a crowd of my peers and took Second Place....I knew that Second would never be good enough! Everyone in my class thought I should of won but that was only the begining.
THis blog today is different from my usual writings as I am allowing entry into my brain! So basically I'm sitting myself down in front of you and poping the top off for you to peak inside! For the past couple weeks I've had inner turmoil that has caused me to experience a Metamorphosis...Or Maybe a REBIRTH!! Yeah I like that a REBIRTH of COOL if you will!

This Realization came forth as I was sitting through a speech with the Dr.Cornel West at NC State University. That night my life I feel changed. My creative expressions and thoughts raced in my head like Bees in the Chinese Bee Tourture!(It's when you were tortured by having killer bees poured over your head that was enclosed in a contraption...yeah I know sounds like a scene out of a Saw Movie). Either way these blogs represent each Bee plucked out of my head attempting to release myself from the struggles! Because as Dr.West said, I too am a bluesman and through struggle we grow in life.

So true to form I end this Blog with a Question. What struggles in life have you overcome? What different road or path did you take that made all the difference. I'd like to know!

And Last but not least, If Hype it or hate it, It really doesn't matter because "It's My World....Ya'll Just Live In It."

2 comments:

  1. POP! well done. you're like this professional blogger now i see.

    i've never heard of the Chinese Bee Torture device---really does sound like it's straight from SAW...yikes!

    i think you have good usage of figurative language in your blogs. from the gang analogy, to the chinese bee torture analogy, the imagery is very vivid.

    your question is certainly very thought-provoking. hmmm...i think for me, it was choosing the high school that i did and entering it's magnet program vs. going to my zoned high school. i think had i not done that, i would have set lower goals for myself, and i definitely would have lower expectations of my capabilities than i currently have for myself.

    so yea, that decision has made a huge impact on my life and my current path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my FAV poems!!

    ReplyDelete