Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blog 5: It's My World...Ya'll Just Live In It

Truth and Anger! This Topic is so profound to me that I had to place it in the First Sentence! These are 2 of the most transparent emotions in my life! Anyone that knows me knows that I can somewhat function on those two barberic rules! However, before you jump to conclusion on what you feel the meaning of those two words mean, let me explain why they should be equally important to you!

I'll Start by Disecting the Truth, then Anger and then tie them together! OK...the "Truth"!! Now we all know that It will Set you FREE, so why is it that folks want to keep us shackled like a slave? And for all those out there, Ommission, is a LIE as well! If you know withholding information would possibly affect your relationship whether business or personal with someone...YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH! I realize that the truth at times can be a struggle to get out, but in the end It will benefit both you and whomever you are dealing with. In Sales we have a saying..."Buyers are Liars and people are too." What does that really mean? It means that many people think sales people are lying all the time when the fact is the customer I am pretty certain aren't telling the whole truth as well! Some Call it Negotiations! We want what we want that is best for us in Our World! In essence, we are all LIARS...or to take it to the Bible...We are all Sinners in the eyes of the Lord! I'm sure I've ruffled some feathers with those comments but prove that I'm wrong...I'll Listen.

NOW...Lets talk about ANGER!! I must admit that Anger is an emotion that at times has given me the drive and determination to do anything. Hell, I bought my House in 17 days off of anger, I started playing football off of anger, and to be honest anger causes action both good and bad!! So lets Disect it just a bit! I don't think it's neccessary for me to go into a definition of the word because Anger looks different in everyone! In some, this word is just a flash of rage that soon passes, in others It can cause them to a complete Rage where that Anger Fuels to HATE...which is never a good thing! As I'm writing I had just finished watching the Today Show. They discussed a guy whose wife staged her own kidnapping and arranged to have her husband Murdered for money. I'd say the Husband has every right to be ANGRY!! She failed to Notify him(Omission). Get it. As I was watching this travesty unfold, I also saw a movie trailer for a movie called "Brothers." It's the movie where the Soldier goes off to war and they thought he's dead, but He's not! Then he comes home only to find out that his wife is Sleeping with his Brother! EW!! Now You can't say much about her moving on when she thought he was dead, but uuughhmmm...HIS BROTHER!!...EW...I think he has a right to be mad! And it looks like eventually his Rage Turned into HATE! I may Check the DVD out though!

OK Lets Tie it all together! THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE! Many times if someone had told the truth from the start it would not of caused any hard feelings or Anger! Well at least very short term anger! Lying to someones face or withholding information just causes animosity towards that person! As much as it hurts or may hurt, the Truth is what we look for in Personal and Business Relationships! Without it we are lost trying to disect why this person acts this way or did this or wondering the astounding WHY as you sit in dismay!

So with that being said...be open, be honest...and Most of all TELL THE TRUTH...Set someone FREE TODAY!

Oh and I almost forgot....If you like what I'm saying, Hype it! If you don't...Hate it! Doesn't really matter though because "It's My World....Ya'll Just Live In It.

3 comments:

  1. Very good points!!

    "As much as it hurts or may hurt, the Truth is what we look for in Personal and Business Relationships!"

    Well said Stacy. I like to consider myself a very honest person. Sometimes honest to fault. However, at the same time, I know I am guilty of "lying by omission." Feathers can be ruffled when you talk about the whole omission thing. This is how I look at it. (This goes for both personal and business.) If you seriously want to know the truth, just ask the right question. Don't beat around the bush or ask other questions to "try to get me to answer." If I know you want to know something, but you're not asking the right questions, I won't provide the 'that' right answer. I will answer the question you asked. Therefore, I'm lying by omission.

    Now, if you ask me the question. I'm going to answer it. I always tell people this as well as my parents: Do not ask me a question that you do not really want to know the answer to because I'll tell you the truth. I expect the truth as well if I were asking anyone questions.

    Truth really does hurt sometimes, but I feel better and am able to trust more when I know I've been told the truth.
    -Dease

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can appreciate your comment however why hide? If You know that what you are hiding will affect our relationship whether business or personal, you are a LIE! And ughm How you gonna be anonymous and then sign your name at the end? MESSAGE...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. because it wouldn't let me put my name!! i wasn't trying to be anonymous :-P

    ReplyDelete