Monday, November 15, 2010

THE SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.......(NETWORKING THAT IS!!)


Poke me! No really...go on Facebook and Poke me! If you are my friend you will do it. Maybe I'll poke you back! I think out of all the features in the phenomenon we call Facebook that is the only Accessory that I don't understand...So poke me...Please!

Some, well probably all of you have asked me why or how I come up with my blogs. Intro explanation! Well, I write my blog entries every day. Ha...Not physically putting a pen to the pad, or even typing anything, but my mind is taking notes on each of my daily interactions. This way I can blog the way I enjoy, which is once I start writing, I cannot save and come back another day. Everything has to be finished in one sitting. That way I won't forget a thing. So basically what I'm saying is that in one way or the other, all of ya'll are apart of my blog whether it from a conversation we had or any other interactions.

With that being said, it is 5:43am and I can't sleep. Why? Well that's how it is when I have thoughts in my head. Since I've started back(yes started back) writing I know exactly when It's time for a blog. Usually every dream, daydream or thought in my head is a paragraph and eventually if I don't let it all out, my night is shot...so hear I am.

As ya'll can see....well I think most of ya'll can read, the title of my blog is The Social Experiment...Networking that is! Communication, Technology, and just the ways we interact with each other. These days it's almost like we can physically live in each others lives with the click of a button. And most of us do! I mean where else can I keep up with my old classmates that I haven't seen in over 15 years, find an old boo, or keep up with the crazy times that my friends are having in different cities all in the span of 5 minutes? Crazy isn't it! Though it sounds fun...and I could dive into that topic deeper, that's not really what my Social Experiment is about. For ya'll that don't know....this is my blog...so obviously it's about me...DUUUHHHHH!! Geez people...Get with the program.

The Social Experiment is about my daily interactions with folks and my opinions, thoughts, and beliefs. When I was a young lad, one of the goals I had was to get money and bitches. I think it's something most young men want in life. Yes women...all men, and don't let them fool you in telling you otherwise. They may want cars and some may want to be the smartest human beings, but in the end they want money and bitches... cuz after all as men...that's what makes us tick. The only problem with all of that is I had to figure out how to get all of that. I mean it sounds simple enough right? But where's the blue print(reference Jay-z=Money+Bitches)!! Now before I go any further let me use the sensitivity training I've learned and state that the use of the word "bitches" is to bring an urban slang to the blog that will be discussed later. Now...back to the regularly scheduled broadcast...where was I...Oh yeah...Money and Bitches! So as I was young the only thing we knew to do was observe what was around me and talk to the folks I knew to get knowledge! The Key to all things! So you would think the first person I would talk to would be my Pops wouldn't you? Well my pops was married and to all intensive purposes, didn't have money! I mean yeah he did, but not the Luchini I was looking for a that time...And he had 3 crumb Snatchers as he called us! As I grew older I realized what he meant...we ate more than just the crumbs!! Anyways who do I turn to? I chose a variety of things...Folks in the neighborhood, TV, Magazines and eventually peers of my own! Some had money! And some had...yup...Bitches! Stay with me ya'll.

Did I tell ya'll I was a rather corny kid? I mean not that I was goofy or anything, but I used to shy up a bit around women and not till I got to college did I find my true "swag" if that's what you want to call it. I think I did if you read any of my previous blogs. So how did all of my networking pieces...TV, Magazines, and others affect my life? Well, though as I mentioned, my pops didn't have money and he was married, but he was a big part of my life...After all him and my mom were married for 39 years and I'm 35! So the honest to God truth is that every girlfriend I've had over my lifetime I would not of made them my titled "Girlfriend" unless I could see myself marrying them. It's true folks, and still true today! I know it's hard for some of you serial relationship whores to understand, but it's what I feel. Otherwise why would I do what you wanted me to do or make any sacrifices for you? That's right...I wouldn't. As a matter of fact it still pains me that the relationships I've been in didn't work. Don't get your panties in a bunch because it's not that I really give a damn about what you are doing now, but It hurts me when a relationship doesn't work whether given a title or not. There's a lot of time and energy spent and getting to know each other sucks when you are not with that person any longer.

TV, Magazines and the Radio...you can only imagine what I've learned from the media right??...I mean with all the sex tapes that have leaked, Cell phone pics of naked women or just they way the word "Bitch" has come into play....It's shaped my life tremendously. I can remember as I believe I mentioned before when I was young and bought the new Slick Rick tape(Cassette Tape young folks...Look it up)! My mother and father were in the car and wanted to hear what Mr.Slick Rick was all about! Naturally she and my Pops were Furious when they heard the cursing and was going to make me take it back to the store! Luckily for me they chose to talk to me about what was on the tape. I can remember my father asking me the question, "Son, what would you do if someone called your momma a bitch?" My response..."Pops, I'd punch'em in the face cuz my momma ain't a bitch! But there momma might be!" The only thing he could do was shake his head. See folks my theory is that as guys we still think the same throughout life as we did when we were 12 to 13! Seriously...Ask a guy that question...the only difference is that we are more aware of the consequences of our actions so sometimes we choose not to act on them.

Sigh....The last group of "Networking" that we all come in contact with is our peers. Now I could write a book on how basically everyone has shaped my life, but it's been done many times before me. Ya'll I got friends that get money...some that get bitches, but none that really do both....Maybe there's something to that statement! So read it again! I think it's profound because though the two can co-exist, one can and usually WILL hinder the other. Either way I've learned a lot. Some disheartening. I never understood why one of my gf's always wanted a thug...Thugs don't go to school and work legal jobs! I could never figure out why I had to snap on a bitch for her to respect me? I mean really? It always puzzled me why a chick could be out sport fukin everyone and then meet me and want me to date them! I sit and think sometimes why women think me and my friends DON'T communicate about who we've been with and try to play the both of us? And it's always interesting to see folks getting married just because it's Time? What's that all about? I could go on and on but I think you get my drift of what I mean hear. We are all different and were raised in different ways and in many ways each day have our own social experiments going on. Some of ya'll hopefully have learned from past mistakes and some of yall have yet to see the light.

Fortunately this blog topic is an ongoing experiment and I hope it to continue for many many years. Oh and I no longer wish for Money and Bitches as I've learned how to make money and "Bitches" are worthless. A woman is what a man needs.

Now before I go I will say this. I've been blessed and I know this. I can't say I'm the most religious person in the world, but I do feel there is more to life then we know. Last year at this time I had a conversation with one of my buddies that has sense passed on and we spoke about the Lord. Was a strange conversation, but I was in an empty place in my life. Not saying I didn't have "Stuff," but I felt like there was more...I felt alone. Well after a year later maybe I'm paying attention. Not saying I'm gung ho, but It has caught my attention a little more.

Anyways, What is your Social networking experience?

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you writing again. Your raw honesty is refreshing. Unfortunately, most people don't want to get hurt, so they are always on the defense. Things get lost in translation and everyone remains unhappy.

    I've accepted that perception is reality, and finally realized some things about myself that I hadn't wanted to in the past. It was painful but it's been for the best and has allowed me to grow. Most people won't do that and they will continue to receive what they put out into the Universe. It's called the Law of Attraction.

    So, when they complain about not finding a partner, they probably need to take a hard look in the mirror. Anyway, nice post. Glad to see you made it through a tough year. Hope you know you are loved.

    ReplyDelete