Tuesday, November 23, 2010

GTFOHWTBS......SON!!


So over the past few years ya'll have asked me many questions about budgeting and finances. After all...It's what I do! At first I would normally sit and think why in the world would this person asking me of all people? After all managing your finances is natural right? Wrong. Last month I got a chance to attend a Dave Ramsey seminar just to see if I can pick up on things for myself. What I found out is there are more people in financial disarray then I ever thought imaginable! So with that being said, I wanted to touch on a few things people need to understand about Money and Finances before I get going on everything else.

First things first....you need FOCUS! What do I mean by FOCUS you ask? I mean you will need to be committed to doing better.(Those of you that don't know what commitment is I can't help, fyi). Folks pay more attention to their club outfit, what they are driving, or what someone else is driving more than they do their own pockets. So first things first...you need FOCUS...OK..Goood!

My second tip to get your finances back on track is to WRITE IT DOWN! That's right...write it down ya'll. The same way a personal trainer would tell you to do if you are trying to loose weight. I need you to WRITE IT DOWN! Consider your money Calories and the less calories you eat or spend, the more financial shape you will be in! Makes sense right? So Write IT Down! Keep track of your spending daily all the way to the last penny! I need ya'll to see what areas you can cut back on and what better way to see that then to see it glaring in your face? So WRITE IT DOWN!

The Third tip I will share, is to USE CASH when going out! HUH you say? You heard me...Use cash! I realize some of you want to be balla's or gotta floss in your new outfit that you just bought to look cute in but LEAVE YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD IN THE CAR. It is real easy to be out and about at the bar and after you downed a couple drinks you've bought the homies and the Hoes a round of drinks also. Before you know it, you get the bar tab and it's waaay over what you wanted to spend, but you were having fun so Fuk it right....GTFOHWTBS....Son! You spent all that dough and you still going home alone watching Pastor Kerney Thomas on late night BET...Chillin like a mug!(Some of ya'll may get that reference...so tell your friends).

OK...So those are Three pretty strong tips on Finances that I recommend for everyone. Do I use all those tips personally? Nope, but I'm not the one that is broke...YOU ARE...so GTFOHWTBS....SON! HA! However, I have in the past used each of these techniques. There are more, but I've decided I should sell my knowledge or share them on a one on one basis!

Believe it or not I'm jammin once again to my main man James Taylor's "Whenever I see your smiling face." Loves that song man! I remember those days or shall I say love that feeling of as soon as you see someone your face lights up? Come on yall...I know someone out there feels what I'm saying...Right...Anybody? Buehler? Buehler?.....Sigh. The fact is, LOVE is hard...no longer can you give someone your heart on a piece of paper with a check box that says "Do you like me, YES OR NO." Now a days you have to find out their family history, sex history, Job history, financial history, make sure they have a nice booty, a fat ass, clean criminal record, good parenting skills, not to crazy, decent bone structure, intellectual ability, some type of education, drive, spirituality of matching sorts, do you like their friends, act like a lady but think like a man, caring, kind, independent or dependent depending on who you are, can cook or clean or got enough money to get a maid, Not a gold digger, Trustworthy,...as I take a breath...Should I say more? I'll stop right there...Geez! Let me put that James Taylor on Repeat! I loves when he hit's that High Note! Gotta try that for a Kareoke song! LOL...Ok...Ya'll, I'll give myself a GTFOHWTBS....Son!!

I've been asked many times why I'm not married. The fact is if I wanted to be I'm pretty sure I could be but I can't nor will I ever get married just because it's that "time." The same security that you want to feel with me I want to feel with you! I wanna have that trust in you that you won't lead me wrong and that your eyes are for me. Many women I've been in contact with want that from the guy but they don't offer that back to their man! I can hear some of ya'll sucking your teeth right now but I know when many of ya'll are having issues with your man cuz I start getting text messages and calls when I haven't heard from you in years. Relationships won't always be good Ya'll and many times you are going to disagree! You can't tell me what HE ain't doing right when you in taking that all natural protein drink that you get from one source!(If you don't know ask me by email and I will share). GTFOHWTBS....SON!

In closing, If you see me out and about...give me a big ole smile cuz you never know when I'll see your smiling face again! I'll promise to give you a smile back!

Enjoy Turkey Day folks and More so the time with your family! After all, no mater how dysfunctional we all are....we only get one family!

2 comments:

  1. This is very enlightening. This is my first time reading your blog. I knew you were intelligent, but not to the degree in which you are.
    And thanks for the financial tips, because, you know I need them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on ALL this. I like your blunt approach - sometimes that's needed. btw, "ew" on your comment in the seventh paragraph!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete